CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

my newest obsession...


I found out about this book recently. It is called Twilight and I found out today that it was published in 2005 and that the author already published the sequel as well. Anyway, I am just anxiously awaiting the launch of the feature film. Ahhhh [squeals*] I cannot wait!!! The guy who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter, Robert Pattinson will be playing Edward Cullen in Twilight the movie. [drools*] He actually looks like the person I imagined Edward to be. I expected Bella to be a little more plain looking but Kristen portrays her a lot better I think. For those of you who have not read Twilight, it is a tale of two star-crossed lovers. A modern day Romeo and Juliet of sorts. A human and a vampire fall in love but it is dependent upon Edward to control his lust for her blood. Only her blood smells so incredibly delicious to him. He equates it to the aroma of a fine wine. He could kill her in any moment, but he struggles to keep control of himself. Meanwhile, Bella would rather not leave him alone. It's a thrilling romance. I borrowed the book from a new friend I made, Susan. I plan to read the sequel soon...after my last exam. I swear I finished Twilight in 2 days. That is, I read a little over 500 pages in 2 days. I couldn't believe it myself. Strangely enough, I didn't find any part the least bit boring. You know how sometimes, when you read a book, there is a part in the plot where it kind of slows down and the main character does not experience anything too eventful? Not in this book. Even when I thought nothing interesting would happen at some parts, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a great read and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a little bit of the supernatural in their stories. I am a big fan of fiction myself. And now, I am a huge fan of this novel and am excited for the saga to continue. I'm sooo impatient. I've been watching little behind the scenes clips of the movie. I'm quite impressed with the cast they got to play the parts. They even have the guy from Never Back Down, Cam Gigandet who is playing the villain, James. I can't even concentrate on the exam I have coming up because of this book. [sigh*] Edward is just so dreamy. I know its weird to love fictional characters. But he just does what he does so well. But I must be off to bed now. Goodnight =)

1 comments:

The Ageless Fool said...

Post more. Also, the green text is hard to see on the light blue sometimes. Just letting you know =)